Monday, October 13, 2014

IKEA BEKANT Sit/Stand Desk

Recently, IKEA came out with a new desk series under the name BEKANT. I assume this will be replacing the GALANT series of desks, as some of them seem to no longer be available on the website. This comes at a great time as I'm currently shopping for a sit/stand desk. After looking at desks from Steelcase and HumanScale, what I really wanted want to have my current GALANT desk in a sit/stand configuration. The IKEA fairy must have heard my wish, because that is what the new BEKANT desk is. So, as soon as this was available at my local IKEA, I rushed out and purchased one.

Previous office with GALANT desk


New BEKANT desk



The desk has electronic height control which is essentially an up and down button. It's range is 22" - 48" which is sufficient for me at 6'0". I also like the new white base (also comes in black) verses the old silver base on the GALANT. The next step will be to add a monitor arm to raise the monitor up to eye level.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve - did you get a suitable monitor arm? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve - did you get a suitable monitor arm? Thanks

    ReplyDelete