Tuesday, March 12, 2019

IKEA BEKANT Sit/Stand Desk (2019 Update)

I purchased an IKEA BEKANT Sit/Stand desk back in late 2014 as an update to my old GALANT desk and it has worked great over the last 5+ years. I've updated my desk a bit since then and wanted to post a quick update for 2019.

Current Setup:

  • IKEA BEKANT Sit/Stand (Black-Brown/White)
  • IKEA SIGNUM Cable Management
  • Mount-It! MI-776 Hex Monitor Mount NEW!
  • (6) Dell P2418D NEW!
  • Dell AE515 Professional Soundbar NEW!
  • APC Back-UPS 550
  • Apple Mac Pro NEW!



I've been using the Mac Pro for the last 2 years as my main work computer, it mainly runs Windows 10 under Boot Camp. I went this route for the small form factor and the ability to support 6 Display Port monitors natively. I've got a USB-to-HDMI adapter running the TV for a 7th screen, mainly for NOC duties.

Overall, I'm still pleased with the Bekant desk as it served it's purpose well. Eventually I'll upgrade to a Jarvis or other brand that has the automatic lift/lowering and memory settings.

1 comment:

  1. hsve you screwed the mount to the plain table top or did you have to use any wooden support?

    ReplyDelete